How a Norton Secure VPN protects your IP address and privacy
A Norton Secure VPN is a service that encrypts your online activity data and essentially puts it into a tunnel, creating a private network through your connection to the VPN servers. Using a Norton Secure VPN and security software together means you can help secure your information when using your computers or mobile devices on Wi-Fi networks, public or not, and you can help protect your online privacy as well.
A Norton Secure VPN protects your browsing activity, especially while using public Wi-Fi hotspots. Cybercriminals can get into your browsing activity while on public Wi-Fi, but a VPN encrypts your information so even if they get in, they can’t see stuff, like passwords and credit card numbers. Additionally, a Norton Secure VPN provides online privacy, as it associates your online activity with the VPN server’s IP address rather than your own, and it encrypts your information.
Norton Secure VPN service:
- Changes your IP address and encrypts your online activity, helping to give you online privacy
- Helps protect your information while using public Wi-Fi networks, like your credit card numbers and passwords
- Includes an ad tracker blocker to help keep your activity from being tracked by advertisers online
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS
- Helps protect your online privacy by shielding your internet data and your location from advertisers, websites and cybercriminals
- No-log VPNs mean the VPN provider doesn’t log your online activity, giving you a private online experience.
- Can block ad tracking technologies to avoid being tracked online by advertisers and other companies, helping to eliminate many of the targeted ads that follow you around the web.
Why do you need a VPN service:Security
- Lets you check email, interact on social media and pay bills using public Wi-Fi hotspots without worrying about cybercriminals intercepting the information you send and receive on a shared network
Privacy & Security
- Norton Secure VPN uses bank-grade encryption to help ensure the information you send and receive is secure and private
- Can enable global access to your favorite apps and websites while on the go, just like home
Surfing the web or transacting on an unsecured Wi-Fi network means you could be exposing your private information and browsing habits. That’s why a virtual private network, better known as a VPN, should be a must for anyone concerned about their online security and privacy.
Think about all the times you’ve been on the go, reading emails while in line at the coffee shop, or checking your bank account while waiting at the doctor’s office. Unless you were logged into a private Wi-Fi network that requires a password, any data transmitted during your online session could be vulnerable to eavesdropping by strangers using the same network.
The encryption and anonymity that a Norton Secure VPN provides helps protect your online activities: sending emails, shopping online, or paying bills. VPNs also help keep your web browsing anonymous.